Key Contacts For Investors
Investing in a foreign country requires a lot of background research that can be time consuming and confusing. There are many phases to go through like:
- Creating a market overview
- Defining business/investment goals
- Researching and defining opportunity
- Understanding financials, banks, credits, and tax scope
- Creating a company within the specific sector
- Finding the right suppliers
- Creating the financial feasibility
- Reviewing possible growth barriers and planning a strategy with specific KPi’s
- Reviewing cost efficiency
- Assets investment
- Understanding labor laws and possible saving costs strategy
- Finding a warehouse, office, and home
- Planning family settlement i.e school, house, living expenses
- Creating a marketing plan with appropriate partners
And the list goes on. We believe that successfully tackling this process requires relying on the right consultants and communicating with people from various industries. We recommend having conversations with government institutions, lawyers, accountants, and marketing advisors in order to gain perspective in all areas. Outsourcing teamwork for each aspect benefits in the long run.
Contact us and let us introduce you to accurate partners for your upcoming projects.
In 2003, Law No. 98-03 was enacted merging the Dominican Center of Promotion of Exports (CEDOPEX) and the Office for the Promotion of Foreign Direct Investments of the Dominican Republic (OPI-RD) creating the Center of Export and Investment of the Dominican Republic (CEIRD). The CEIRD’s mission is to promote exports and investments in the Dominican Republic Internationally and boost its competitive emergence in international markets.
The CEIRD prepares global business strategies that outline opportunities for foreign investment in the Dominican Republic, promote exports for international markets, and define target markets. The CEIRD is a government institution that drives the growth of the economy in the Dominican Republic by accelerating business agreements between local and international partners.
The National Statistics Office (ONE) was created in November of 1935 to produce the national censuses of population and housing every ten years in the Dominican Republic. The ONE now collects, reviews, prepares, and publishes national statistics on a variety of key elements like the economical, agricultural, industrial, financial, environmental, and societal activities of the population.
The ONE is responsible for creating and distributing national censuses and surveys, designing and developing research, producing statistics on economic, demographic, social, cultural, and agricultural matters, and updating the cartographic database. The ONE is responsible for correlating the National Statistical System and putting the National Statistical Plan into play. The ONE produces information that is essential for entrepreneurs and investors providing trends and market research.
The Association of Hotels and Tourism of the Dominican Republic (ASONAHORES) leads the direction of the tourism industry in the Dominican Republic by representing the various tourism sectors to local and international entities, promoting the development of the industry overall, and advancing cohesive action between the government and private sectors.
Founded in June of 1962, ASONAHORES is comprised of a Board of Directors that defines policies and general guidelines and an Executive Committee that manages the overall initiatives of the association.
Becoming a member comes with many benefits:
- Access to the web platform for members of ASONAHORES.
- Direct contact with representatives of the decision making of affiliated companies.
- Obtaining digital news bulletins about scoops of the tourist industry.
- Dissemination of information about the activities and news of the member company, through our communication channels.
- Assistance for the recruitment of collaborators through the publication of vacancies in the job pool available on our website.
- Participation in assemblies and meetings of ASONAHORES, with the right to choose and be elected.
- Direct contact with national and international fraternal entities.
- Exchange with national Fraternal Tourism Associations.
- Advice on commercial, labor, tourism, environmental and other legislation.
- Consultations on legal aspects and regulations that affect the hotel and gastronomic sector.
- Right to participate in activities organized by ASONAHORES.
- Participation in lectures and conferences of tourist and business interest.
- Invitations to seminars, talks, and congresses on the industry and common interest.
- Right to be included in the printed promotional publications of the Association.
For more information visit ASONAHORES
The Central Bank of The Dominican Republic (BCRD) is an independent agency of the government overseen by the Monetary Board. Established in October of 1947 by Statutory Law No. 1529, The Central Bank is responsible for regulating all financial systems in the Dominican Republic.
According to the Central Banks mission statement, the bank is held responsible for guaranteeing “the stability of prices, the appropriate regulation of the financial system and the suitable operation of payment systems, acting as the issuer and executor of monetary exchange in agreement with the duties conferred to this institution by the constitution and the law.”
Interested in coming to the Dominican Republic?
Register with us and you’ll receive great info.